3.29.2013

A2: Why, Two Part-Time Jobs(Final Version)


   
    “What? You are doing two part-time jobs at the same time. Don’t get yourself so busy. You have to concentrate on your studies and have fun with your friends during the four-year college life. Trust me. You will regret working.” A friend of mine said but I did not take her words seriously as I know why I chose to work and I made the decision with a second thought.
    I am a sophomore and I have two part-time jobs. My family is not so wealthy that I can ask them money as much as I wish, but I looked for jobs not because I did not have much money to spend. Responsibility is my reason.
    I moved to Taipei for my studies and the expense of everything here is high since it is the capital city. Also, when I was not a freshman anymore, I needed to leave the dormitory which does not have enough rooms for all the students coming from other cities or counties. Therefore, I have to pay my rent every month, the traffic expenses to school and the meals every day.
    I chose to study in Taipei and I chose to live in a comfortable place where I reside now and the rent costs me a lot. I appreciate that my parents pay the rent for me. However, when everything is what I decide to do, I am supposed to take the responsibility so I work in order to deal with those other expenses.
    Sometimes, it is quite difficult to handle my studies and jobs simultaneously. Managing time well is really a big issue to me now. The feeling of fatigue and the idea of quitting jobs come to my mind all the time but I would ask myself why I looked for jobs. I go back to the initiation, the motive, find the energy back and tell myself, “Fight and go on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment