10.04.2012

Life in Seattle


    I'm thankful that my parents allowed me to go to the United States with the Department Chair, Jonathan Klassen, and the students of English Department. I had a wonderful language travel this August. We spent four days in San Francisco and three weeks in Seattle.


    I was homesick on the first day in San Francisco and afraid of speaking English because I was in a different country and I wasn't familiar with American custom, but after that day, I talked in English a lot haha. I guess it's not difficult for me to get used to.




    The photo is my class in University of Washington. I love my teacher, Patty, very much. She is so energetic and earnest that I had a great time during class. The girl on the left of me in the picture is called Yumiko. She is my best Japanese friend that I met in Seattle. Our personalities are similar so we get along with each other very well.








    Great time always passes fast, doesn't it? I hated to say goodbye to my teacher, classmates and friends. I said farewell to Yumiko and cried a lot that night when I needed to leave the dorm for the airport. The picture shows the pair of rings and that represents our firm friendship.




    I'm sure that my English improved through this language travel. I didn't learned much from classes but from the street. It's the environment that pushes you to speak English. The next summer, if I have a chance to go abroad again, I will do it without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment